If you need to regularly upload and download files from a server then Cyberduck is an excellent free FTP client with a simple GUI that makes it very easy to perform all manner of FTP tasks. Cyberduck is suitable for almost all FTP transfers including FTP, SFP, Webdav and Amazon S3 transfers. For those looking for a reliable and free FTP client, Cyberduck ticks all the right boxes.
Integrated with external editors
Some users have found that Cyberduck can sometimes be unreliable when transferring files. Depending on the reliability of the server you are using, you may find that connections time-out half way through, particularly when using SSL connections.
Simple to create a new connection
Adding a new connection in Cyberduck is very simple and only takes a couple of seconds with helpful tutorials for first time users. For convenience, you can even drag and drop bookmarks to and from Finder. The Cyberduck interface is clearly laid out, easy to use and with an extensive Help guide and Cheat Sheets making it a good starting point for those new to FTP.
One of the best free FTP clients for PC
Overall, Cyberduck is an excellent, generally efficient and elegant open source FTP client for PC.
- 4.5.1 (14915) Jul-26-2014
- [Bugfix] Connection failure when sandboxing denies access to ~/.ssh/known_hosts (SFTP) (#8102)
- 4.5 (14905) Jul-22-2014
- [Feature] Connecting to Windows Azure Blob Storage (Azure) (#6521)
- [Feature] New SSH/SFTP protocol implementation
- [Feature] TLS mutual (two-way) authentication with client certificate (WebDAV, FTP-TLS) (#5883)
- [Feature] Public key authentification using SSH agent (SFTP) (#75)
- [Feature] GZIP Compression (SFTP) (#123)
- [Feature] ECDSA public key authentication (SFTP) (#7938)
- [Bugfix] Broken pipe with uploads (S3) (#7964, #7621)
- [Bugfix] 404 error response when downloading folders (S3, OpenStack Swift) (#7971, #8064)
- [Bugfix] Repeated prompt for private key password (SFTP) (#8009)